Recipes and winter purchases xx
A day in London with Frylight.
My alarm went off at 6.00am on Monday 2nd October and I jumped out of bed!! I was so excited to be heading down to The Food at 52 Cookery School, London for an event with Frylight. The venue was fantastic and the team were all so welcoming!! I arrived early, so it was lovely to have time to meet and chat to the other bloggers and Frylight expert and consultant nutritionist, Helen Bond.
We were tasked with making three healthy courses using Frylight, whilst Helen talked us through the nutritional benefits. As a Slimming World member for over 16 years, Frylight is the only oil I’d ever cook with now! Why? Well it’s just 1 calorie per spray and it’s syn free. 5 sprays of Frylight (0.5g fat/5kcal) can replace 1 tablespoon of normal oil (15g fat/120kcal) in shallow frying, allowing you to use 95% less fat than oil. As well as containing no cholesterol and low in saturates, Frylight also has absolutely no artificial ingredients making it the perfect choice for healthier cooking. Shockingly, recent research by Frylight revealed that the average adult will consume six and a half litres of traditional oil in a year! With Frylight, you can massively reduce this figure. Not everyone knows this, but it is recommended that you start with a cold pan and slowly heat Frylight and your other ingredients.
Plus, not many people realise just how many flavours there are either, or which is best to use with what. The newest flavour is avocado..
Avocado oil is highly robust, with excellent cooking properties across the temperature spectrum. It’s highly resistant to breaking down and provides a very good cooking medium even with a very thin layer.
Frylight Coconut Oil enables you to spray along with the new cooking trend without having to wait for blobs of coconut oil to melt. You’ll only use a thin layer so fat intake will be kept low. Coconut oil is stable under higher temperature cooking and is a fab option for Caribbean and Asian style dishes. I also use it for my wheat bran cakes.
Frylight Olive Oil, is perfect for all sorts of cooking where a hint of Mediterranean flavour is called for. I use this one for syn free chips and roast veg.
Frylight Sunflower Oil, is a brilliant all-rounder. Uniquely blended with plant extracts, you only need a few sprays to create a perfect cooking surface for frying, roasting and baking.
Frylight Rapeseed Oil has a higher proportion of monounsaturates than most other seed oils (which makes it more stable at higher temperatures). Rapeseed is a good choice for flash frying and prolonged baking – and especially good for making crispy roast potatoes.
Frylight Butter Flavour, is a great alternative if you’re used to cooking with butter or solid fats. The buttery flavour tastes great, while significantly cutting down on fat and calories. I use it when making pancakes or cakes – also try on just-cooked corn on the cob!
Then the amazing garlic one! Frylight Infused with Garlic is made with natural garlic extract. Not only saving on peeling and chopping, it also simply adds flavour exactly where you need it. The strong garlic flavour is suitable for a wide range of dishes and is perfectly brilliant at making syn free garlic bread!
Fat is something our body does need, but in small amounts. As oil is so high in calories, there are far better sources of fat. Frylight really is the best alternative to glugging oil. I’m so passionate about weight loss and health. After losing 3 stone in 3 months and becoming a Consultant for Slimming World, I know about the benefits of using a spray oil like Frylight. Cooking healthy meals can be so easy just by making some very small changes. I still make all the same meals I used to, I just swap oil to Frylight. Simple.
So, what did we eat?
The starter was Mushroom Bruschetta.
Mushroom Bruschetta with Balsamic, Thyme & Garlic Oil
• Frylight 1 kcal Garlic Oil Cooking Spray
• Frylight 1 kcal Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
• 400g sliced chestnut mushrooms
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp thyme leaves
• Salt and pepper
• 4 slices of bread
• Slice the mushrooms into 0.5cm slices
• Spray a medium frying pan 5x with Frylight Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray and place over medium heat
• Add mushrooms and sauté quickly
• Add the balsamic and sprinkle with thyme, then stir for another 30 seconds
• Season with salt and pepper
• Spray bread with Frylight Garlic Oil Cooking Spray and Toast.
• Pile on the mushrooms & serve
For the main course, we made Greek-style skewers with Avocado Frylight
• 120 g halloumi cheese
• 1 yellow pepper
• 1 courgette
• 140 g cherry tomatoes
• ½ a bunch of fresh mint
• ½ a fresh red chilli , optional
• 1 lemon
• Frylight 1 kcal Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Put 6 wooden skewers into a tray of cold water to soak – this will stop them from burning
• On a chopping board, cut the halloumi into 2cm cubes, then add to a large mixing bowl
• Carefully cut the pepper in half from top to bottom, then trim away the stalk, seeds and any white pith (you can use teaspoon to do this), then slice into 2cm pieces and add to the bowl
• Cut the courgette in half lengthways, then cut into half-moon slices, roughly ½cm thick, then add to the bowl along with the tomatoes
• Pick the mint leaves onto a board and finely chop them, discarding the stalks
• Carefully deseed and finely chop the chilli, if using
• Add everything to a bowl and add a few sprays of Frylight 1 kcal Avocado Oil Cooking Spray before mixing
• Season with a pinch of pepper, then mix well to coat
• Preheat the grill to high
• Spray baking tray with Frylight 1 kcal Avocado Oil Cooking Spray, then put aside
• Thread and divide the halloumi cubes, cherry tomatoes, pepper and courgette pieces between the skewers
• Place onto the greased tray and cook under the grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and the veg are soft, turning halfway through
• Serve with a fresh green salad and some flatbreads or pittas
An alternative main course: mini burger sliders using Frylight Sunflower Oil.
• Frylight 1 kcal Sunflower Oil Cooking Spray
• 2 medium red onions , peeled and finely chopped
• 6 Jacob’s crackers , or 4 slices of bread, crusts removed
• 500 g quality lean minced beef
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 heaped teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 large free-range egg
• 1 handful Parmesan cheese , freshly grated
• 2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise , made with free-range eggs
• 2 teaspoons fat-free natural yoghurt
• 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
• 1 good pinch smoked paprika
• ½ lemon juice
• Spray Frylight 1 kcal Sunflower Oil Cooking Spray into a large frying pan on a low heat and add your chopped onions
• Fry for 10 minutes or until the onions have softened, then put to one side to cool completely
• Blitz your crackers or bread in a food processor until you get a fine consistency. Oil a clean baking tray and put aside. Put the cooled onions into a large bowl with the rest of the burger ingredients
• Use clean hands to scrunch the mixture together really well, then divide into 6 equal balls for burgers and 18 equal balls for sliders
• Wet your hands and roll the balls into burger-shaped patties about 2cm thick. Place your burgers or sliders on the oiled baking tray and spray with Frylight 1 kcal Sunflower Oil Cooking Spray
• Cover them with cling film and put the tray into the fridge for at least an hour, or until the patties firm up. This is a good time to make your spicy mayo, so put all the ingredients into a bowl, mix well and put to one side.
• If using a frying pan or griddle pan, put it on a high heat now and let it get really hot. However you decide to cook your burgers, they’ll want around 3 or 4 minutes per side – you may have to cook them in batches if your pan isn’t big enough
• When the burgers are cooked to your liking and it’s all looking really good, halve your burger buns and warm them through
Finally, we made Summer Crepes using Frylight Butter Oil
• 2 eggs
• Frylight 1 kcal Butter Cooking Spray
• 1 Cup of flour
• ¾ Cup of milk
• ½ Cup of water
For a sweet version (optional)
• Add 2 Tbs of sugar
• 1 Tsp of vanilla
• Add all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
• You can put the batter in the fridge for an hour to get more bubbles (this step is optional, or you can start making your crêpes immediately).
• Place your pan over medium heat and spray Frylight butter spray onto pan
• Using a ladle pour one ladle of batter on the pan. Lift the pan and slowly swirl around until the crêpe batter covers the entire bottom of the pan.
• Cook it for about 1 minute.
• Using a spatula, flip it over and cook for another minute
• Remove your crêpe from the pan and repeat the process until you finish your batter
I had the best day and it reinforced my belief in this product even further.
More information can be found at http://bit.ly/2ysBZZk
Post in association with Frylight.
What an amazing Halloween we’ve had! No tricks, only treats for us! No masks needed, as just us without make up on is scary enough!
It was my sister’s birthday while I was leaving for Dubai. So to make it up to her we went to the new Elan Spa at The Mallory Court Hotel in Leamington. It only opened in April and they’ve already been nominated for best new comer! The grounds are stunning, you could be anywhere in the UK. When we arrived we were given a lovely warm welcome and a tour of the spa from Mike.
We sat down and looked over our iternary for the day and then choose our menu options.
After that we were given our robes, towels and slippers. We started in the indoor pool. They had different jet settings, which were great fun and the pool is just beautiful!!! The colours were incredible!
At 12pm we went for lunch, we had the salmon fillet, then added a salad bowl from the salad counter. I was really impressed with all the healthy choices! The desserts weren’t so healthy! We tried both though for research purposes of course and there were gorgeous!!!!!
We then went in the sauna, steam room and the outdoor pool. We had champagne, so it was lot’s of bubbles all round!!! I only had a sip, me and champagne don’t mix well! The outdoor area is so pretty, the view is stunning and the water was the perfect temperature!!! Excuse my spa hair!
At 2pm we had our treatments. I was thrilled to see they use Espa. My gorgeous friend Gemma works for Espa. She has incredible taste and is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to spa products, so I knew it would be amazing! We opted for the back massage and express facial. So essentially half an hour of each. Oh wow!!!! We floated out!!!! It was exactly what I needed. My skin was so dehydrated from being away, the heat, air con and flying left it so dull and dry. It’s now baby soft! I’m so particular with massages too! Tegan, my lovely therapist, used the perfect amount of pressure and was very professional throughout. I don’t shut up though! I can’t stay quiet! I know I should, my sister said she never said I word! I just can’t deal with silence!
After the treatment we relaxed for a short period around the pool, then got ready to leave. There’s no pressure to buy any products, which I’ve experienced before. They simply let you know what was used and leave you to it.
We were given a goodie bag to take away, this included water, a voucher to use for our next visit and lot’s of useful information on up and coming events and promotions.
I’d highly recommend going along for some r&r with a family member, friend, partner or a group of girls. It would make a gorgeous birthday present for someone, or Christmas. I’ll definilty be back, my sister and I loved it!! You can go just for a full day, half a day, just for treatments, afternoon tea, or a stay over in the hotel.
The website is http://www.mallory.co.uk/spa
You can check out the prices here.
They also have a Facebook page and Instagram.
My first vlog! https://youtu.be/tL0Sajft87Q
I often get asked how I get the volume in the top of my hair. This is my secret weapon!!!!! It’s amazing!!!!! Section the top of your hair and sprinkle this on, then just mess it up a bit with your fingers. Instant lift that holds all day!!!!! I’ve used it for years now and couldn’t be without it!!!!
Don’t buy it in salons, this isn’t the cheapest I’ve found it. I buy three at a time, but they do last ages. Let me know I feel you try it. Xxx
<a target=”_blank” href=”https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UTEE32/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B003UTEE32&linkCode=as2&tag=fopperholic-21&linkId=1788a9b7873c1544aa5c834394f82e8c”><img border=”0″ src=”//ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?_encoding=UTF8&MarketPlace=GB&ASIN=B003UTEE32&ServiceVersion=20070822&ID=AsinImage&WS=1&Format=_SL250_&tag=fopperholic-21″ ></a><img src=”//ir-uk.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=fopperholic-21&l=am2&o=2&a=B003UTEE32″ width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />
Hey all. Quick post. This shampoo is amazing!!!!! Use a few times a week for a gorgeous ash tone down blonde like mine. Or leave on for longer if you’d love a temporary pinkish tint. It’s their no.1 selling product and I love it!!!!
<a target=”_blank” href=”https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0073HOZ6S/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B0073HOZ6S&linkCode=as2&tag=fopperholic-21&linkId=f9f74776e78004c17c0bb47d37ee787e”><img border=”0″ src=”//ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?_encoding=UTF8&MarketPlace=GB&ASIN=B0073HOZ6S&ServiceVersion=20070822&ID=AsinImage&WS=1&Format=_SL250_&tag=fopperholic-21″ ></a><img src=”//ir-uk.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=fopperholic-21&l=am2&o=2&a=B0073HOZ6S” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />
Happy fopping xx